I am feeling a little overwhelmed and need to talk to someone. Where can I go?

Contact Dr. Beverly Dede, at the Office of Counseling and Development, or the UF Counseling and Wellness Center. You can also reach out to your CGL leader, Dr. Shireen Madani, Dr. Ashley Ghiaseddin or the Office of Student Affairs, in Harrell Medical Education Building, 2nd Floor.

What do I do if I need a transcript?

To order a transcript, go to One.UF, and log in using your Gatorlink and password. Online orders are paid through a secure credit card or a debit. The cost is $10.00 per transcript.

Please review the Instructions to help you complete the necessary steps.

Who completes my Loan Deferment forms?

Please bring all Loan Deferment paperwork to the Office of Student Affairs in the Harrell Medical Education Building, Room 210 to be completed. We will mail it upon completion. Otherwise, please indicate whether you would like to pick it up for have it put in your PO Box. Please do not fill in the dates. We will complete the dates. We can only complete the form each academic year. Your prior school may already be registered in the National Student Loan Data System and such manual deferment forms may not be necessary after your first term in Medical School.

Where do I get a letter to verify that I am currently enrolled?

If you need a letter verifying your enrollment here at UF, please send all verification forms to Denise Chichester, College of Medicine Registrar.

What if my ID Badge is lost or stolen?

Students may purchase a replacement Gator1 ID through the Gator1 Card Office.

Where can I pay my fees?

Students are able to pay fees in a number of ways. Please review the payment options on the University of Florida Bursar website

Where do I go to change my name?

Students may contact the Main UF Registrar’s Office at 352-392-1374 to request a Name Change Form to be sent via email.

If I have moved, where can I change my address or phone number?

Student may update their directory information within One.UF. All information can be updated through the profile icon. Students are also required to update their contact information on Canvas at the start of each Fall and Spring semester.

Where can I find my class schedule?

In the Ilios Calendar and on Canvas. Learn more about how to navigate the Ilios Calendar here.

If I am sick, have an emergency, or pre-scheduled appointment and am unable to attend class, what do I do?

Students are responsible for notifying the appropriate faculty, course director or course manager. If you are sick and need to see a doctor and have health insurance through the University, your first contact must be the Student Health Care Center. If you have private insurance you may either see a physician at the SHCC or a private physician.

If I am concerned about a friend, who should I contact?

Contact Dr. Beverly Dede (273-8383) or the UF Counseling and Wellness Center.

If I am having academic problems, who should I contact?

Contact Dr. Heather Harrell, Office of Medical Education, Harrell Medical Education Building, 4th floor,  273-8575 or Dr. Shelley Collins, Dr. Shireen Madani, or Mr. Jim Gorske in the Office of Student Affairs, Harrell Medical Education Building, Room 210.

If I have a disability and need an academic accommodation for classes and/or testing, who should I contact?

Contact Mr. Jim Gorske, in the Harrell Medical Education Building, Room 212 (352) 294-8531. Mr. Gorske is the College of Medicine’s ADA Representative.  

If I have a legal question and would like some advice, where do I go?

Contact Student Legal Services at 352-392-5297. Please visit the Student Legal Services webpage for location and hours.

My grade report and the grades on my transcript do not agree. What do I do?

In the event there is a grading discrepancy, students should notify Denise Chichester, College of Medicine Registrar. 

My parents would like to know how to contact me in case of an emergency.

Have them call the Office of Student Affairs at (352) 273-7971. You may also update your parents’ address in our office as well.

What should I do if I have a “hold” on my One.uf account?

For financial holds students may contact Vincent Wilson-McCoy College of Medicine Student Financial Aid Coordinator (352-273-7939).

For non-financial holds students may contact Denise Chichester, College of Medicine Registrar (352) 273-7978.