Things to know before you apply
- Students must have completed all of the following core clerkships: Family Medicine, Medicine, Neurology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, and Surgery.
- The USMLE Step 1 score is a mandatory requirement. Requests to waive this will not be considered.
- Due to peak times and holidays, The UF College of Medicine is unable to accept visiting students for elective rotations during the months of December, February, April, May, June or July.
- Observership only opportunities are available through the departments of Neurosurgery and Pathology.
- Sub-Internships; the required Emergency Medicine, Geriatrics, and Anesthesia clerkships; and Internship 101 are not available to international students.
- A visiting student may not displace a University of Florida student from any elective. For this reason, no visiting student will be accepted for an elective at the University of Florida College of Medicine until University of Florida students have confirmed their senior schedules.
How to apply
- Review the UF College of Medicine 4th year course catalogue. 2022-20223 Course Catalog
- If you are interested in participating in an elective rotation, and meet the mandatory requirements, please email a list of your top 4 elective choices, in descending order of preference, with the requested dates to UFCOM-International@ad.ufl.edu.
- Once electives and dates are approved move to step 2.
- Review Visiting Student Checklist
- Complete the University of Florida Visiting Student Application fee (information sent by Gainesville coordinator) . There will be an application processing fee of $30.00
- Submit the University of Florida Weekly Rotation fee (information sent by Gainesville coordinator). There is a weekly rotation fee of $900.00 per elective.
- College of Medicine Coordinator will process Visiting Student Application paperwork and student will be assigned a UFID.
- Complete the HIPAA General Awareness via the following instructions: Gatorlink HIPPA Instructions A hard copy of the Certificate of Completion for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) online training certificate.
- Verify local transportation and housing arrangements