The Office of Student Affairs provides a variety of academic support services to assist students in achieving academic success throughout their medical education.
Services provided include:
- Individual strategy sessions that include exploration of learning strategies, time management, test-taking strategies, board exam preparation, and more.
- Coordination of the Tutoring Program that offers individual tutoring (medical and PA schools) and student-led review sessions (medical school only) where upper class medical school and school of Physician Assistant studies students, as well as school of Physician Assistant studies graduates, support students in their medical education.
- Presentations on a variety of topics to include:
- Transitioning to medical or PA school
- Enhancing study and test-taking strategies
- Preparing for board exams
- Facilitation of academic accommodations for College of Medicine students registered with the University’s Disability Resource Center.
- Referrals to appropriate resources, such as: psychological testing, counseling, and/or health services, as needed.
To schedule an appointment with the Learning Specialist, please email Mr. Jim Gorske.